Tuesday, March 20, 2007

K2 Stomps Out PFT's Injury Rumor

Yesterday Profootballtalk.com was once again the bearer of bad news for Cleveland fans. Citing unnamed sources - is there any other kind for his website? - Florio wrote "we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007."

Well Today K2, who also says he's excited to be re-united with new OC Chud, has answered with an interview on the Browns official site.

Of the report, Winslow responded, "I don't even know where that came from - I don't know who said that," he said. "But I love to prove people wrong. That's fuel for me. "I'll be back. People continue to count me out, and that lights my fire."

He said Monday he's been off crutches for nearly two weeks and has been following his rehab program closely.

"I really just started with concentrating on the little things," he said. "I'm following the program that our medical staff laid out for me before we decided to have the surgery. I first need to get the strength back in my leg, then progress from there. It's a step by step process, and my next step is running.

"But I am feeling great. As far as my rehab goes, I am ahead of schedule. I'll be back by training camp, if not before."

No comments: